Motivated by the great reward for teaching Quran and driven by the Muslim community’s need to teach their children Quran recitation and memorization, Alfurqan School was established in Ottawa on September 2003.
Alfurqan School as an institution was initiated by the Muslim Association of Canada(MAC), a non-for-profit charitable organization.
MAC had appointed a board of directors to manage and plan the school operations and activities. The school teaching staff is a team of qualified teachers in Quran recitation science.
Alfurqan School delivers Quran education in formal academic environment. This is characterized by:
- Classroom management
- Performance evaluation and follow-up through Report Cards
- Principal and administrative staff to supervise school operation
Alfurqan School Community is built on a set of Core Values:
- Strong Qur’anic recitation skills for all students
- Professional excellence
- An environment of respect and care for all
- High standards in a school setting